Press release issued by Loupedeck:
Ex-Nokia development team creates intuitive, ergonomic solution, available from 17th July
LONDON, UK – 28 June 2017 – Today, a team of Ex-Nokia product developers announces the UK availability of Loupedeck, a photo editing console to control Adobe Lightroom. The console, perfect for beginners or serious photographers and graphic designers, is currently available for purchase from the Loupedeck online store, and will be shipped to customers from 17th July 2017.
Designed to work with both Mac and Windows-based computers, Loupedeck is a custom-built hardware console that provides total control of Adobe Lightroom. Akin to a DJ’s mixing desk, it features scrolling wheels, dials and buttons that enable users to edit photos and images without the distraction of a keyboard or mouse.
Key benefits of Loupedeck are:
- More creativity – users can experiment with new editing techniques. Making adjustments to photos has never been easier
- Improved ergonomics for faster editing – we live in an age of ‘mouse shoulder’ where repetitive use of computers and mice are the root cause of shoulder and back pain. The Loupedeck console throws mice out of the window; improved ergonomics mean users can edit thousands of photos without breaking the flow
- Increased output – A more continuous workflow means eyes can stay on the image and hands on the console, speeding up the overall editing process. Users can then spend time where it matters most – taking photos
- Complete control – Each of Loupedeck’s buttons, dials and scrolling wheels correspond exactly to Lightroom’s interface. Pro or beginner, achieving the perfect edit becomes second nature and puts the fun back into photo editing. Loupedeck is the only editing hardware designed specifically to control Adobe Lightroom
- Software – Loupedeck comes with custom-made software to ensure seamless, accurate and stable control of Adobe Lightroom. Loupedeck is configurable, letting you personalise tools and program preset buttons
Loupedeck is the brainchild of Finnish entrepreneur Mikko Kesti, a mechanical engineer and photographer. In February 2016, Kesti presented his idea to former senior Nokia developers. Soon after, the company set up operations with the support of initial Finnish state funding for R&D.
In November 2016, the Loupedeck team ran a month-long Indiegogo campaign to encourage support and backing for its photo editing console. Approximately 9 out of 10 Indiegogo campaigns fail to reach their goal. In the first day alone, Loupedeck generated half of its fixed goal of €75,000 and by the close of the campaign, had raised a whopping €366,000.
“Loupedeck is a peripheral created by photographers, for photographers so there was never any doubt that what we’d conceived wouldn’t be relevant or game changing for our target audience,” said Mikko Kesti, CEO of Loupedeck. “But to see the amount of backing and support we received through the initial Indiegogo campaign was exhilarating and encouraging after years of honing the prototype, countless long meetings and the usual challenges that start-ups today experience. We’re looking forward to hearing more feedback as our product becomes available across the globe and users get to touch and feel the console for themselves.”
Loupedeck will be available in retail stores in the UK in due course. It is currently sold in the Loupedeck online store for £325.
Notes to editors
- For use with Adobe® Lightroom® 6 or later
- Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 7 compatible
- Mac® OS 10.12, Mac® OS 10.11, Mac® OS 10.10 compatible
- Internet connection needed for Loupedeck™ software download
- USB 2.0 A
- Dimensions: 40 x 15 x 4cm; 0.6 kg
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Loupedeck (www.loupedeck.com) is the creator and manufacturer of the Loupedeck photo editing console for professional image processing. Optimised for Adobe Lightroom, the console allows the user to work more quickly and intuitively. The company was founded by photo enthusiasts, with the help of top former Nokia developers in 2016.